Capability: What We Seek to Achieve
In this section...
- Statement of Intent Homepage 2010/2013
- Ministerial foreword
- Chief Executive's introduction
- The nature and scope of our functions
- Managing in a changeable environment
- Strategic direction
- Operating intentions
- Capital intentions
Our challenge in 2010–13 is to develop the people, knowledge and technology support needed to deliver the Government’s priorities and our longer-term ambitions of leveraging the value of our land information and knowledge.
While we have sound human resources and IT systems in place, our leaders and teams will need to focus cohesively on the challenges set by our strategic direction, and work smarter with the resources we have.
We have developed a key initiative that will ensure attention and resources are focussed on our capability priorities. The key initiative also includes those activities that support the achievement of the Performance Improvement Actions.
We will continue to work to ensure:
- our staff are engaged, skilled and adaptable in a dynamic operating environment
- our leaders help to create and articulate our strategic direction, facilitate innovation and lead change
- we manage relationships with our growing customer base effectively and take a customercentric approach to the delivery of our products and services
- we focus on value for money and reduce costs where possible
- we systematically capture our knowledge and share it, both internally and externally
- we prioritise work that can best contribute to economic growth, and
- our information technology and knowledge management provide a reliable platform for delivering our services.