- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
- LINZ Data Service
- News, publications & consultation
- LINZ Alumni - Staying Connected with LINZ
- LINZ Apple and Android Applications
- Support for Emergency Services
- About this website
- Contact us
You are here
Capability: How We Will Measure Our Progress
In this section...
- Statement of Intent Homepage 2010/2013
- Ministerial foreword
- Chief Executive's introduction
- The nature and scope of our functions
- Managing in a changeable environment
- Strategic direction
- Operating intentions
- Capital intentions
- An increase in positive responses in our employee engagement survey.39
- An improvement in our turnover rate for staff with less than two years' tenure in the technical stream.
- An increased leadership capability as measured by 360 degree feedback.
- An improvement in on-the-job performance as a result of learning development interventions.
- An increase in key positions being filled internally.
- An acknowledgement by staff in exit interviews that knowledge is being transferred effectively.
- Maintenance of customer satisfaction levels, particularly as we introduce our refreshed customer management strategy.40
- A reduction in core IT infrastructure costs by 5% through changes to our sourcing model.
- Establishment of a benchmark of IT quality and service costs in 2010/11, using industry benchmarks, to enable us to measure future improvement.
- Continuing improvements on our management of costs, including more accurate forecasts to Treasury. We aim to have a less than 5% variance to our year-end operating forecast. This will be an improvement on previous years.
39 We conducted our first employee engagement survey of LINZ staff in March 2010 and will use data from it to measure our performance in future years.
40 Research conducted in March 2010 reported an overall satisfaction level of 81% for topographic customers who have contacted us, and 70% for bulk data extract customers. August 2009 research on our land title and survey customers reported an overall 80% satisfaction level with our services.