Cora Lynn Tenure Review - Notice of Preliminary Proposal
NOTICE IS GIVEN under Section 43 of the Crown Pastoral Land Act (CPLA) 1998 by the Commissioner of Crown Lands that he has put a preliminary proposal for tenure review to Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass Limited as lessee of Cora Lynn pastoral lease.
Legal description of land concerned
Pastoral lease land
Part Run 327, situated in Blocks XIV, XV, XVI Bealey, III, IV Harper, XIII Hawdon Survey Districts, Section 1 SO 14937, Section 1 SO 14938, Sections 2-4 SO 14939, Section 1 SO 14940, Section 1 and 2, SO 14941 and section 1 SO 19699, being all the land contained in Instrument of Title CB5D/1389 (Canterbury Land Registry) comprising 2043.8073 hectares more or less.
General description of proposal
- An area of approximately 349 hectares to be designated as land to be restored to or retained in full Crown ownership and control, as conservation area, under section 35(2)(a)(i) CPLA 1998.
- An area of approximately 30 hectares to remain as Reserve under section 38(1)(a) CPLA 1998.
- An area of approximately 473 hectares to be designated as land to be restored to or retained in Crown control, as conservation area, under section 35(2)(b)(i) CPLA 1998 subject to:
An easement concession in perpetuity under and section 36(1)(a) of the CPLA to be granted to Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass Limited for right of way access on foot, with or without vehicles and machinery and implements of any kind, with or without horses, farm stock, farm dogs and guns for farm management purposes over the land marked “b-b1” and “k-l” on the Plan
- An area of 1,222 hectares approximately to be designated as land to be disposed of by freehold disposal to Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass Limited under section 35(3) section 36(3)(b), section 40(1)(b) and 40(2)(a) CPLA 1998 subject to:
A conservation covenant under Reserves Act 1977 over approximately 443 hectares to protect the natural values.
An easement under section 12 Reserves Act 1977 -
(i) to provide public access for persons on foot, on or accompanied by horses, or by nonmotorised vehicle powered by a person or persons or by motor vehicle over that part of the land marked “a-b”, “b1-c “ and “b1-d” on the Plan.
(ii) to provide access for tenants, agents, contractors, licensees, invitees and employees of the Minister of Conservation and the Director-General of Conservation on foot, or on or accompanied by horses, or by non-motorised vehicle powered by a person or persons or by motor vehicle, with or without machinery and implements of any kind for management purposes over that part of the land marked “a-b”, “b1-c “, “b1-d” and “a-ef” on the plan.
- An area of approximately 82 hectares to be designated as land to be disposed of by way of exchange to Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass Limited under Section 38(1)(c).
Further information including a copy of the plan, conservation covenant and easement in gross documents, is available on request from the Commissioner’s contractor at the following address:
PO Box 27
Ph: (03) 440 0168
Fax: (03) 448 9099
Any person wishing to inspect the property is advised to contact the Commissioner’s contractor in the first instance on phone number (03) 363 5042 (Tony Sharpe).
Any person or organisation may send a written submission on the above proposal to the Commissioner of Crown Lands, C/- Darroch Ltd at the above address.
All submissions are being collected and held by LINZ either directly or through its contractor.
Submitters should note that all written submissions may be made available, in full, by LINZ to its employees and contractor, the Department of Conservation and the public generally.
Closing date of submissions
Written submissions must be received by the Commissioner’s contractor no later than 5pm Monday 20 February 2012.
Download a PDF version of Cora Lynn Preliminary Proposal (PDF 21KB).
Find out more about Cora Lynn, including reports, plans and general information on the review process.