- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
- LINZ Data Service
- News, publications & consultation
- LINZ Alumni - Staying Connected with LINZ
- LINZ Apple and Android Applications
- Support for Emergency Services
- About this website
- Contact us
You are here
Ribbonwood Tenure Review - Notice of Preliminary Proposal
Notice is given under Section 43 of the Crown Pastoral Land Act (CPLA) 1998 by the Commissioner of Crown Lands that he has put a preliminary proposal for tenure review to Maree Caroline Horo as lessee of the Ribbonwood pastoral lease.
Legal description of land concerned
Pastoral lease land
Run 532 and Section 3 Block VII Ohau Survey District being all the land contained in Crown Interest Register OTA2/1131 comprising 7,289.5091 hectares more or less.
General description of proposal
- 2,200 hectares approximately to be restored to full Crown ownership and control as conservation area under section 35(2)(a)(i) Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998.
- 5,090 hectares approximately to be designated as land to be disposed of by freehold disposal to the Holder under section 35(3) Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998 subject to a protective mechanism and qualified designations
An easement in gross to provide for public foot, mountain bike and horse access and conservation management access under section 36(3)(b) Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998.
Continuation in force of easement 5063419.1 in favour of Telecom New Zealand Limited
Protective Mechanism:A conservation covenant over an area of approximately 90 hectares under sections 40(1)(b) and 40(2)(a) Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998.
Further information including a copy of the designations plan plus the draft concession, covenant and easement documents are available on request from the LINZ contractor at the following address:
P O Box 27
Phone (03) 440 - 0168
Fax (03) 448 - 9099
Any person wishing to inspect the property is advised to contact the Commissioner’s contractor in the first instance at the above address.
Any person or organisation may send a written submission on the above proposal to the Commissioner of Crown Lands, C/- Darroch Ltd at the above address.
All submissions are being collected and held by LINZ either directly or through its contractor.
Submitters should note that all written submissions may be made available, in full, by LINZ to its employees and contractor, the Department of Conservation and the public generally.
Closing date of submissions
Written submissions must be received no later than 5pm on 20 December 2011.
Download a PDF version of Ribbonwood Preliminary Proposal Advertisement (PDF 19KB).
Find out more about Ribbonwood, including reports, plans and general information on the review process.