Rollesby Tenure Review - Notice of Preliminary Proposal
26 September 2009: Public notice
Public submissions are being sought on the Preliminary Proposal for the Rollesby Pastoral Lease tenure review. Submissions close 5pm Monday 23 November 2009.
Notice is given under Section 43 of the Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998 by the Commissioner of Crown Lands that he has put a Preliminary Proposal for tenure review to Glenrock Station Limited as lessee of Rollesby Pastoral Lease:
Legal description of land concerned
Pastoral lease land:
Run 318, situated in Blocks VI, VII, VIII, XI, XII Burke Survey District.
General description of the proposal
- An area of approximately 17 hectares to be restored to full Crown ownership and control as conservation area pursuant to Section 35(2)(a)(i) Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998.
- An area of approximately 384.1255 hectares to be restored to Crown control as conservation area pursuant to Section 35(2)(b)(i) Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998 subject to the following qualified designation:
2.1 A grazing concession in favour of Glenrock Station Limited pursuant to Section 36(1)(a) Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998.
- An area of approximately 2,218 hectares to be disposed of by freehold disposal to Glenrock Station Limited pursuant to Section 35(3) Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998 subject to Part IVA Conservation Act 1987, Section 11 Crown Minerals Act 1991 and the following qualified designations:
3.1 An easement to provide public and conservation management access pursuant to Section 36(3)(b) Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998.
3.2 The continuation in force of the following existing easements pursuant to section 36(3)(c) Crown Pastoral land Act:
- 963542.8 Easement Certificate specifying three Right of Ways
- 963542.9 Easement Certificate specifying a Right of Way
- 999135.1 Transfer creating two Easements. Right of Way and to store water and convey water
- 999135.2 Transfer creating an Easement to store water and to convey water
- 999135.3 Transfer creating Easements for two Right of Ways
- A19666.2 Transfer creating a Right of Way Easement.
Further information, including a copy of the plan, easement concessions, conservation and landscape covenants and easement documents, is available on request from the Commissioner’s contractor at the following address:
Opus International Consultants Ltd
P O Box 1482
Phone: (03) 363 2742; Fax (03) 365 7858.
Any person wishing to inspect the property is advised to contact the LINZ contractor in the first instance at the above address.
Any person or organisation may send a written submission on the above proposal to the Commissioner of Crown Lands, C/- Mike Todd, Opus International Consultants Ltd at the above address.
All submissions are being collected and held by LINZ either directly or through its contractor.
Submitters should note that all written submissions may be made available, in full, by LINZ to its employees, agents and contractors, the Department of Conservation and the public generally.
Submissions should clearly state that they relate to the Rollesby proposal, and should not include comments on any other currently advertised proposal.
Closing date of submissions
Written submissions must be received by the Commissioner’s contractor no later than 5pm Monday 23 November 2009.
Download a pdf version of the public advertisement of preliminary proposal (pdf 29KB).
You can find out more about Rollesby, including reports, plans and general information on the review process.