The Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) Geodetic Marks app allows users to navigate to geodetic marks, access mark details, submit updated mark photos, and find non-geodetic marks that may need to be protected when engaging in earthworks.
The app is for anyone with an interest in locating geodetic and other important survey marks, including:
- surveyors and other spatial professionals who use geodetic marks in their surveys
- contractors who need to identify and protect survey marks near their works
- trampers and other recreationalists who wish to find out more about trig stations they visit
- land owners who are interested in the survey marks on their property.
In the new version of the app, you'll be able to:
- find geodetic marks and other important “protected” survey marks
- navigate to marks using compass and distance, or Google Maps
- access mark details, access diagrams and photos
- submit updated mark details and photos to LINZ
- advise LINZ of mark maintenance issues
- create and save mark groups
- identify nearby PositioNZ GNSS stations
- toggle display between horizontal and vertical marks
- filter displayed marks by coordinate order and beacon type.
For the current version of the app, visit the App Store for Apple devices, or the Play Store for Android devices. If you are updating from a previous version, uninstall the older version first before installing the new version.