These resources provide in-depth guidance for experienced users of the LINZ Data Service.
The following resources cover troubleshooting tips, how tos and in-depth documentation on using the LINZ Data Service and data from the service.
If you're new to LDS, the Getting Started guide is for you.
For user interface updates as they happen, sign up to LDS news feeds.
Web services and APIs
Web service basics
Web feature and web map services
- Using LDS WFS and WMS in ArcGIS
- Using LDS WFS and WMS in Quantum GIS
- Using LDS WFS and WMS in GeoMedia
- Using LDS WFS and WMS in MapInfo
Basemaps and web map tile services
- LDS web map tile service specifications
- LINZ WGS 84/ Web Mercator map tile service schema
- LINZ NZTM2000 map tile service schema
- Styling hints and tips for LINZ basemaps
- How to use LDS WMTS in Quantum GIS
- How to use LDS WMTS in ArcGIS
- How to use LDS XYZ services in OpenLayers
- How to use LDS XYZ services in Leaflet
Web service troubleshooting
Using LDS data
- Guidance on managing the change of data from Landonline to UTF-8
- Building relationships for Esri File Geodatabase
- Importing LDS data in CSV format into PostgreSQL/PostGIS and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 databases (pdf 0.7MB) - updated December 2012