Register as either an individual or a company to start downloading data from the LINZ Data Service.
Registration for individuals
Individual registration applies to individuals, non-profit organisations, Crown agencies and businesses that are not incorporated.
- Register your new account.
- We send you a confirmation email.
Registration for a company
Company registration applies to incorporated companies. A company user account is one that:
- is used by multiple employees, or
- has allocated an API key/s for "automated" business processes.
- Register for a LDS account. Your account details should reflect the way your company will use the account. Enter:
- your team name or function in the ‘First name’ field company name in the ‘Last name’ field
- a generic email connected with your company.
- LINZ verifies your company and LDS account, then sends you a confirmation email.
- To comply with the Terms for Use for Companies, you must use this company account for your everyday use of LDS.
- the director(s)s accepts responsibility for any use and actions by your employees, staff, contractors and anyone else using your LDS account, whether or not they have your authority to use it.