- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Notices to Mariners
- About Notices to Mariners
- Cumulative edition of fortnightly Notices to Mariners
- NZ Temporary & Preliminary Notices in Force
- Subscribe to fortnightly email edition of Notices to Mariners
- Feedback on Notices to Mariners
- Applying corrections to charts & nautical publications
- NZ Annual Notices to Mariners
- Recommended PC / printers / materials
- Nautical information
- Tidal information
- Reporting a hazard to navigation - H Note
- Programmes, projects & news
- Standards & technical specifications
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
Applying Corrections to Charts & Nautical Publications
Licensed mariners and other parties covered by Maritime Rule 25 are required to keep their nautical publications corrected using Notices to Mariners.
Even if you are not covered by Rule 25, it is good practice to keep your charts and publications up-to-date.
LINZ recommends the use of the British Admiralty publication "How to Keep your Admiralty Charts Up-to-Date" (NP294) for instructions on applying Notices to Mariners corrections to nautical charts. This publication is available for purchase in New Zealand from the Admiralty Chart Agent, Trans Pacific Marine Ltd.
For more information about Maritime Rule 25 go to the Maritime New Zealand website.
Find out more
For charts and hydrographic services
- Safety at sea
- Where to buy charts
- Becoming a chart retailer
- LINZ's role in charts, tides & navigation
- LINZ Data Service
- Support for Emergency Services
The refreshed LINZ website will be here soon.
You’ll still be able to access the same information, but you’ll notice a change in the design and layout of the site.
Read more about the changes.