- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Notices to Mariners
- Nautical information
- Tidal information
- Reporting a hazard to navigation - H Note
- Programmes, projects & news
- Standards & technical specifications
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
How to Calculate Tide Times & Heights
Calculating times & heights of high & low waters at Secondary Ports
For the time and height of tides at Secondary Ports you will need to apply the time differences tabulated in the Secondary Ports Table to the daily predictions for the designated Standard Port.
You'll find detailed instructions in the printable document Method to Find Times or Heights of High and Low Waters (pdf 50KB).
Calculating times or heights between high & low waters at any port
Times and heights between high and low waters at Standard and Secondary Ports can be calculated by using the method described in the printable document Method to Find Times or Heights Between High and Low Waters (pdf 120KB).
Find out more
For charts and hydrographic services
- Safety at sea
- Where to buy charts
- Becoming a chart retailer
- LINZ's role in charts, tides & navigation
- LINZ Data Service
- Support for Emergency Services
The refreshed LINZ website will be here soon.
You’ll still be able to access the same information, but you’ll notice a change in the design and layout of the site.
Read more about the changes.