Rules, Standards and Guidelines for the conduct and processing of cadastral surveys, and for the integration and provision of cadastral survey data.
On this page:
- Cadastral Survey Amendment Rules 2017
The amending rules (effective from 24 April 2017) support the Canterbury Property Boundaries and Related Matters Act 2016 (the Act) which came into force on 30 August 2016.
- Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010 – LINZS65003
The Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010 as amended 1 November 2012. The amendments came into effect 1 January 2013.
- Standard for the lodgement of cadastral survey datasets – LINZS70000
Licensed cadastral surveyors must comply with this standard when lodging CSDs with LINZ for approval as to survey. It will also be used by LINZ staff when validating and approving CSDs for integration into the cadastre.
- Standard for integration & provision of cadastral survey data - LINZS10003
This standard covers the requirements for integrating cadastral surveys into the cadastre (Landonline), the retention and maintenance of cadastral survey records, and providing access to cadastral survey data.
- Interim Standard for mark protection surveys (Canterbury Earthquake) - LINZS10004
This interim standard provides the Surveyor-General’s approval for the removal of survey marks for the purposes of post-earthquake reconstruction on land affected by the Canterbury Earthquake subject to survey mark protection requirements.
- Use of Graphic Description Plans – OSG Policy 2000/2
The purpose of this policy is to achieve uniformity and accuracy in the graphical presentation for those areas of land, the boundaries of which are required to be defined for formal notification in the New Zealand Gazette or for other statutory purposes and for which no certificate of title will be required.
- Conservation Covenant Plans OSG Policy 2002/1
This policy is intended to achieve uniformity in the presentation of diagrams of conservation covenants, open space covenants, and Nga Whenua Rahui kawenata, negotiated under various statutes.
- Access the Surveyor-General's Guidelines on Rule 20 in the knowledgebase
- Interpretation guide to the Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010 – LINZG65700
Published December 2011, this guide is to assist interpretation of the Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010. To be read in conjunction with the Interim guide to the amended Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010 (LINZG65704 December 2012) – see below.
- Interim guide to the amended Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010 – LINZG65704
This interim guide is to assist with the interpretation of significant changes in the amended Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010 (LINZS65003 November 2012). It supplements, and in some cases supersedes, information in the Interpretation Guide above (LINZG65700 December 2011)
- Interim guideline to aspects of survey requirements applicable to Māori land surveys - LINZG65703
The main purpose of this guideline is to provide guidance to the Māori Land Court on survey matters as they relate to Māori land surveys and the Rules for Cadastral Survey. This information will also be of assistance to licensed cadastral surveyors who carry out Māori land cadastral surveys.
- Interim guideline to sea boundaries and the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Act 2011 - LINZG65705
This guideline has been published by the Surveyor-General to assist licensed cadastral surveyors with the application of the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Act 2011 when undertaking a cadastral survey and lodging a CSD with LINZ.
The following rulings are to be applied in conjunction with the Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010 as amended November 2012 (LINZS65003)
- LINZR65300 – Ruling on Official geodetic datum and projections
- LINZR65301 – Ruling on Official vertical datums
- LINZR65302 – Ruling on Cadastral survey network marks
- LINZR65303 – Ruling on Vertical control marks
Note the amended Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010 (LINZS65003 – November 2012) supersede the following Rulings – LINZR65308, LINZR65309, LINZR65310, LINZR65311, LINZR65312, LINZR65314 – see Foreword to the Rules for more details.