- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
- Ayres Ridge is now the official geographic name, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 10 May 2012, and in relevant newspapers.
- Assigning a new name for a feature not named, but in common use.
Significant alpine feature, elevation over 3000m, extending over 1km north-south between Douglas Peak and Mount Haidinger, on the main divide, at the head of Albert Glacier, which flows northwest into Fox Glacier / Te Moeka o Tuawe. NZTopo50 BX16-Mount Elie De Beaumont, from GR 740 752 to GR 738 742.
You can read the Ayres Ridge Geographic Name Proposal Report (PDF 279KB) (also available in HTML) which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 29 April 2011. The report includes a printable map.
You can read the Ayres Ridge Submission Report (PDF 336KB) which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 8-9 December 2011. The report includes a printable map.
This proposal is no longer open for public submissions.
View NZGB Public Consultation June 2011 in a larger map