- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
This name is no longer open for public submissions.
- Official Geographic Name.
- Hohi is now the official geographic name, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 6 March 2014.
The traditional Māori name for the historic locality of the first mission station, located within the Marsden Cross Historic Reserve, at Rangihoua Bay, Bay of Islands. NZTopo50 AV29-Russell, NZTM 1699850E, 6107700N. Assigning a new name for an unnamed feature.
See Report (PDF1MB) considered by the NZGB at its 18 October 2013 meeting.
View NZGB Place names 14 November 2013 in a larger map