- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
- Assigning a new name.
- "Hongoeka" is now the official geographic name, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 16 December 2010, and in relevant newspapers.
- One of 18 final determinations for Porirua suburbs and localities, of 22 proposals.
A locality of Porirua. NZTopo50 BP31-Porirua, GR 553 528 and NZTopo50 BP32-Paraparaumu, GR 564 529.
You can read the Hongoeka Proposal Report (PDF 188KB, also available in HTML), which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 3 August 2010. The report includes a printable map.
The consultation period ended 30 November 2010.
- 5 August 2010: Porirua suburb and locality names go to public consultation
Refer to the Porirua City suburbs map for more information on the proposed suburb and locality boundaries.
View a larger map.