- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
Mount Pickering and Mount Tinsley
- New names for features not named
- "Mount Pickering" and "Mount Tinsley" are now official geographic names, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 16 December 2010, and in relevant newspapers.
Mount Pickering - prominent mountain, at height 1650 m, located in the Kepler Mountains 20 km west of Te Anau. Topo50 map CD07 - Manapouri, GR 642 635.
Mount Tinsley - prominent mountain, at height 1537 m, located in the Kepler Mountains 15 km west of Te Anau. Topo50 map CD07 - Manapouri, GR 703 598.
You can read the Mount Pickering and Mount Tinsley Place Name Proposal Report (PDF 2.2MB also available in HTML), which was considered the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meetings on 27 March 2009, 16 September 2009 and 3 August 2010. The report includes a printable map.
The consultation period closed at 5pm 11 December 2009.
View Mount Pickering and Mount Tinsley in a larger map