- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
- Assigning an existing recorded name. Replacing Karehana Bay (recorded suburb name).
- This name proposal was published in the New Zealand Gazette, newspapers and the Gazette Notice 26 August 2010
- One of 22 proposals for Porirua suburbs and localities
- Plimmerton is now the official geographic name, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 3 November 2011, and in relevant newspapers.
A suburb of Porirua. NZTopo50 BP31-Porirua, GR 559 518 and NZTopo50 BP32-Paraparaumu, GR 569 517.
You can read the Plimmerton Proposal Report (PDF 115KB, also available in HTML), which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 3 August 2010. The report includes a printable map.
You can read the Plimmerton Submission Report (PDF 221KB), which was considered by the NZGB at its meeting on 29 April 2011. The report includes a printable map.
The consultation period ended 30 November 2010.
- 5 August 2010: Porirua suburb and locality names go to public consultation
Refer to the Porirua City suburbs map for more information on the proposed suburb and locality boundaries.
View a larger map