- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
Rangitoto ki te Tonga/D'Urville Island
- Official name.
- This name decision/determination was published in the New Zealand Gazette, newspapers and the 16 October 2008 NZGB public notice of decisions.
Description & location
Major island at the northern extremity of Marlborough Sounds, topographic map 260-O26, P25 & Pt P26 D’Urville, GR 825 420. Updating the dual naming format from Rangitoto ki te Tonga (D’Urville Island) and replacing previous New Zealand Gazette, 17 February 1983, No. 18, page 409, and New Zealand Gazette, 19 January 1984, No. 3, page 89.
You can read the Rangitoto ki te Tonga/D'Urville Island place name report (pdf 362KB), which was prepared for the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB). The report also includes a printable map.
View Larger Map