- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
Stokes Peak - Discontinued
- New name for a feature not named.
- "Stokes Peak" is now the official geographic name, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 9 September 2010, and in relevant newspapers.
- Name proposed to be discontinued.
- "Stokes Peak" is now discontinued, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 19 July 2012, and in relevant newspapers.
Raised peak, at height 814 m, located in the Kaimai Range, directly above the Kaimai Railway Tunnel. Topo50 map BD36 – Lower Kaimai, GR 532 251. Geodetic mark, coded A39H, named 5793, beaconed, is located at the summit.
You can read the Stokes Peak Place Name Report (PDF 1.81MB - also available in HTML), which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 16 September 2009. The report includes a printable map.
You can read the Te Hanga Ridge Place Name Proposal Report (PDF 232KB), which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 8-9 December 2011. The report includes a printable map.
This proposal is no longer open for public submissions.
View Stokes Peak in a larger map