- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
Te Awa Kairangi / Hutt River
- Alteration to a dual name from Hutt River (recorded name). Not altering Western Hutt River and not altering Eastern Hutt River (recorded names).
- This name proposal was published in the New Zealand Gazette, newspapers and the Gazette Notice 26 August 2010
- Te Awa Kairangi / Hutt River is now the official geographic name, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 3 November 2011, and in relevant newspapers.
Significant river, flowing south-westerly from the Hutt Forks to Wellington Harbour (Port Nicholson), through Upper Hutt and Lower Hutt. NZTopo50 BP33-Featherston, source: GR 863 544, NZTopo50 BP32-Paraparaumu, NZTopo50 BQ32-Lower Hutt, confluence: GR 591 329.
You can read the Te Awa Kairangi / Hutt River Proposal Report (PDF 221KB, also available in HTML), which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 3 August 2010. The report includes a printable map.
You can read the Te Awa Kairangi / Hutt River Submission Report (PDF 157KB), which was considered by the NZGB at its meeting on 29 April 2011. The report includes a printable map.
The consultation period ended 30 November 2010.
- 5 August 2010: Kairangi proposals go to public consultation
View a larger map