- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
Te Motu Kairangi / Miramar Peninsula
- Alteration to a dual name from Miramar Peninsula (collected name). Not Watts Peninsula.
- "Te Motu Kairangi / Miramar Peninsula" is now the official geographic name, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 16 December 2010, and in relevant newspapers.
A north-south peninsula, extending from Point Halswell in the north to Palmer Head in the south. NZTopo50 BQ31-Wellington, from: GR 529 281 to GR 523 214.
You can read the Te Motu Kairangi / Miramar Peninsula Proposal Report (PDF 617KB, also available in HTML), which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 3 August 2010. The report includes a printable map.
The consultation period ended 30 November 2010.
- 5 August 2010: Kairangi name proposals go to public consultation
View a larger map