- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
Te Tāhuna o Rangataua
- Te Tāhuna o Rangataua is now the official geographic name, as published in the New Zealand Gazette on 10 May 2012, and in relevant newspapers.
- Alteration from Rangataua Bay (official name)
- Replacing New Zealand Gazette, 7 February 1974, No. 11, page 233.
Tidal mudflats and sandy area of the inner south-east reaches of Tauranga Harbour, bounded by State Highway 2 at west, and extending over Welcome Bay at the south-west. NZTopo50 BD37-Tauranga, GR 832 221.
You can read the Te Tāhuna o Rangataua Geographic Name Proposal Report (PDF 173KB) (also available in HTML), which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 29 April 2011. The report includes a printable map.
You can read the Te Tāhuna o Rangataua Submission Report (PDF 153KB), which was considered by the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) at its meeting on 8-9 December 2011. The report includes a printable map.
This proposal is no longer open for public submissions.
View NZGB Public Consultation June 2011 in a larger map