- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
Waireinga/Bridal Veil Falls
- Official name.
- This name decision/determination was published in the New Zealand Gazette, newspapers and the 16 October 2008 NZGB public notice of decisions.
Description & location
Waterfall on the Pakoka River, north of Aotea Harbour, and approximately 11 km south of Raglan, topographic map 260-Q15 & R15 Kawhia, GR 769 643. Alteration from Bridal Veil Falls, and restoration of an original Māori name.
You can read the Waireinga/Bridal Veil Falls place name report (pdf 547KB), which was prepared for the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB). The report also includes a printable map.
View Larger Map
The refreshed LINZ website will be live on Monday 3 November.
You’ll still be able to access the same information, but you’ll notice a change in the design and layout of the site.
Read more about the changes.