- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- Land records
- Overview: Land Records
- Ordering a Land Record
- Searching for Land Records
- Types of Land Records
- Māori Land Records
- Historic Land Records
- Crown Property Information Files
- Other Land Record Providers
- How to Order a Copy of a Land Record
- How to View an Original Land Record
- Land registration
- Cadastral Survey
- Canterbury Earthquakes
- Notices, projects & statistics
- Land records
- About LINZ
You are here
Māori Land Records – Te Ketu Kōrero Whēnua Māori
The Māori Land Court holds the majority of Māori land records. If you are searching for specific Māori land records, we recommend you start there.
Some Māori land records are registered with LINZ. We can provide you with copies of those records, once you have the information needed to make an order (see Ordering a land record).
The headings below lead to pages with more information: about how Māori land records fit in the overall system, how to search for them, and resources and organisations that can help.
A legal definition of the term ‘Māori land’, and explanation of how land became Māori freehold land. more...
How to search for the owner's name, block name and Māori Land Court district; records held by LINZ and Archives New Zealand: Crown purchase deeds, Crown grants and provisional registers; tips on searching for Māori land records and frequently asked questions. more...
Online and offline resources to assist with your search for Māori land records. more...
Organisations holding records relating to Māori land. more...
Find out more
Get help with...
- Historical stuff searching
- Fees for ordering records
- Finding the right form
- Lodging a dealing
- Correcting a record
- Finding professional assistance
- Access to geospatial datasets