- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- LINZ topographic maps
- Topo50 maps
- Topo250 maps
- New Zealand small scale topographic maps
- New Zealand offshore islands
- Pacific region topographic maps
- Antarctic Topo50 maps
- Antarctic Ross Sea region
- Map retailers
- Topographic data
- Publications & other resources
- Topographic specifications
- Aerial images & orthophotos
- Map Chooser
- LINZ topographic maps
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
The Topo50 map series provides topographic mapping for the New Zealand mainland and Chatham Islands at 1:50,000 scale and replaces the NZMS260 series.
Topo50 is the official topographic map series used by New Zealand emergency services.
Topo50 maps use the New Zealand Geodetic Datum 2000 (NZGD2000) and the New Zealand Transverse Mercator 2000 (NZTM2000) projection. For the Chatham Islands map sheets, the Chatham Islands Transverse Mercator 2000 (CITM2000) projection is used.
Choose a map
Choose a map for the area you want at 1:50,000 or 1:250,000 scale. You can download maps as image files (TIFF and GeoTIFF formats) and data files (Shape and IFF formats), or locate retailers where you can purchase paper maps.
Topo50 Map Reading Guide
Information on Topo50 maps, how to read them, and how to navigate using a map can be found in the Topo50 Map Reading Guide (PDF 1.51MB).
Find out about the features of a Topo50 map. more...
Find out how to coordinate your GPS settings with the Topo50 map series. more...
Access tools for converting between coordinates used on Topo50 maps and those used in the previous NZMS260 series. more...
Including coordinate changes, differences between Topo50 and NZMS260 maps, and converting between NZMG and NZTM2000. more...
Along with the paper-based Topo50 map series, digital images (TIFF, GeoTIFF) are also publicly available. more...
View North Island and South Island map index diagrams, or a list of Topo50 sheet names and extents. more...
Access documents detailing the update history for Topo50 map sheets. more...
- New Zealand Geodetic Datum 2000
- New Zealand Transverse Mercator 2000 projection
- New Zealand offshore island projections
- Coordinate conversions
- New Zealand Map Reference Converter