The Policy and Overseas Investment business group brings together LINZ’s policy function with a key regulatory role – the Overseas Investment Office.
The Policy team provides policy advice to the Minister for Land Information relating to all of LINZ's responsibilities. The team:
- looks after LINZ-administered legislation
- develops, reviews and amends regulations, and
- ensures standards are set in a rigorous, methodical, and logical way to support LINZ’s work.
Overseas Investment Office
The OIO makes sure New Zealand’s sensitive assets are in good hands, and enables overseas investment that benefits New Zealand.
Investors who need consent:
- generally aren’t New Zealand citizens or are people who don’t ordinarily live here
- are bodies, such as companies, trusts and joint ventures, with more than 25 per cent overseas ownership or control
- can include associates (including New Zealanders) of overseas investors.