In applying for a Toitū Te Whenua tertiary GIS scholarship you must agree to accept the following terms and conditions
- Each scholarship is up to a maximum of NZ$5,000 for undergraduate or postgraduate course fees for Geographic Information Science (GIS) related courses taken during the period of 2022-2024 academic years.
- Scholarship payments are on the basis of fees reimbursement after passing approved courses and the scholarship holder supplying official receipts and transcript results to Toitū Te Whenua .
- Key eligible GIS related courses are those listed on the Toitū Te Whenua website at the following link at New Zealand tertiary GIS papers, programmes and contacts
Applicants can email Toitū Te Whenua at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about eligibility of other GIS related courses and programmes that may not be listed at the above link.
- In each Academic year, Toitū Te Whenua will typically award a minimum of one undergraduate and one postgraduate tertiary GIS scholarship. Toitū Te Whenua reserves the right to award no scholarships or to award a greater number of scholarships. Toitū Te Whenua's decisions about awarding or not awarding scholarships are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Applications are open from 11 October to 14 November 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applications for GIS Scholarships must be made via the GIS Scholarship Application Form (PDF 202KB). Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their application has been received.
- Referees will be contacted for shortlisted applicants.
- Applicants will be notified whether their application is successful or not via email, usually within 4 weeks of the application closing date.
- Applications are open to students enrolled at a New Zealand university or other New Zealand tertiary institute who are New Zealand citizens or permanent residents and also:
- (for undergraduate scholarship) have completed their first year of tertiary studies or will complete it during 2021
- (for postgraduate scholarship) have completed an undergraduate qualification or will complete one during 2021
- If you are currently employed, engaged or contracted by Toitū Te Whenua then you are not eligible for the GIS Scholarships.
- Selection of successful applicants will be based on the following:
- Eligibility requirements being met
- Information provided by each applicant including a letter stating:
- why you are taking and/or plan to take GIS related courses
- why you are applying for this scholarship
- how a scholarship will help contribute to Toitū Te Whenua's outcomes (See the link below for Toitū Te Whenua's Outcome Framework which outlines our organisational goals)
- Prior tertiary study results
- Referee feedback (for shortlisted applicants).
- The personal information provided in your application will be stored securely and protected against unauthorised access.
- Toitū Te Whenua may from time to time amend these Terms and Conditions and application information required.
- These terms and conditions are governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of New Zealand.
Last Updated: 11 October 2021