We use social media to share news and updates, and to hear your views.
Follow us on:
We monitor our social media channels Monday – Friday during office hours. We will reply to all questions or comments within one working day.
While we welcome your comments and encourage discussion, we ask that you do so in a respectful manner.
We regularly monitor our social media channels, and reserve the right to remove posts or comments that:
- are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others
- contain discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity
- are overtly party political
- contain advertorial content or spam links
- disclose confidential or commercially sensitive information
- breach the intellectual property rights/copyright of any person or organisation
- are off topic.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We trust our community to act responsibly in the event of negative online behaviour. Inappropriate posts and comments will be removed as soon as possible.
To protect your security and privacy, and the privacy of others, please do not share any private information on our social media channels. Any posts which contain private information (about you or about other people) will be removed.
Except where stated, all material we post on our social media channels constitutes Crown copyright administered by LINZ. Unless otherwise specified, content produced by LINZ is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Internationallicence.
Retweets, @mentions and third party content
We may choose to retweet, @mention, post or share information from other organisations or individuals for the interest and information of our followers. External, non-LINZ links do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of LINZ, and we do not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
We may follow organisations and individuals relevant to LINZ. This does not imply endorsement or guarantee the accuracy of their information.
Posts by users do not necessarily reflect the views of LINZ. We do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of content posted by other users.