We use social media to share news and updates, and to hear your views.
Follow us on:
- Facebook (LINZ Christchurch Red Zone)
- Facebook (Grow GIS NZ)
- Twitter (LINZ Data Service)
Our Twitter account is our primary channel for publishing LINZ-related news.
Retweets, @mentions and third-party content
We may choose to retweet, @mention, post or share information from other organisations or individuals for the interest and information of our followers. External, non-LINZ links do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of LINZ, and we do not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
We may follow organisations and individuals relevant to LINZ. This does not imply endorsement or guarantee the accuracy of their information.
Posts by users do not necessarily reflect the views of LINZ. We do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of content posted by other users.
We monitor our social media channels Monday – Friday during office hours.
We reserve the right to report or remove (as appropriate) any posts or comments that may affect our neutrality or do not comply with the:
- Twitter Terms of Service
- Twitter Rules
- Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- Facebook Community Standards
- YouTube Community Guidelines
- LinkedIn User Agreement
While we welcome your comments, we ask that you do so in a respectful manner. We regularly monitor our social media channels, and reserve the right in our absolute discretion to remove posts or comments that:
- are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others
- contain discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity
- are overtly party political
- contain advertorial content or spam links
- disclose confidential or commercially sensitive information
- breach the intellectual property rights/copyright of any person or organisation
- are off topic.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We trust our community to act responsibly in the event of negative online behaviour. Inappropriate posts and comments will be removed as soon as possible.
Generally, we will only use any personal information that you share or provide for the purposes for which you supplied it, and we only share your information if it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which you gave it to us. We may however use or share your information for other reasons where it is permitted at law, including under the Privacy Act 1993.
We encourage you to protect your personal privacy and that of others when using social media and to take into account the public nature of most social media.
Except where stated, all material we post on our social media channels constitutes Crown copyright administered by LINZ. Unless otherwise specified, content produced by LINZ is licensed for you to use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence.
Copyright of third parties
Our social media accounts may provide links to other websites or embed material which may contain information that is the copyright of third parties and subject to restrictions on use or reproduction.
You must get permission from the copyright owner to use:
- copyrighted materials from other websites, or
- material on our social media pages that is protected by the copyright of a third party.
We cannot give you this permission.