Find specifications, templates, contracts and guidelines for use by geodetic service contractors.
Specifications are published by LINZ for use by geodetic service contractors and other suppliers who provide services to enhance and maintain the New Zealand geodetic network.
Current specifications and guidelines
As at 1 September 2018 the following specifications and guidelines are current:
- Guidelines for CORS Data Supply (PDF 319.66KB) (v1.0 1 Nov 2016)
- Guidelines for simplified geodetic control surveys (PDF 298KB) (v2.1 July 2012) - for geodetic control data submitted to LINZ
- Specifications for geodetic control of hydrographic surveys (PDF 565KB) (v1.1 April 2020)
- Protection of survey marks (PDF 146KB) (v2.2, 13 March 2009) specifies the requirements for the reinstatement or replacement of survey marks.
- SNAP guidelines for GNSS geodetic control (PDF 400KB)(SNAP version 2.3.60) guidelines for the use of surveyors creating their own Order 5 network adjustment.
- CORS Metadata (XLSX 27.22KB)
- Mark data template (XLSX 10.41KB)
- Order 5 XYZ vector (XLSX 10.4KB)
- Order 6 EM vector (XLSX 8.95KB)
- Simplified geodetic control survey (DOCX 19KB)
- Mark and site image template (PPTX 656.04 KB)
- GNSS field sheet v3 (DOCX 22.92 KB)
- All templates (ZIP 840.52 KB)
- Specification for geodetic services (PDF 2.28 MB) (v1.5, 12 September 2019) specifies the requirements for the provision of geodetic control services, including Orders 5, 4 and 1V survey, maintenance and deliverables, to LINZ by contractors.
- Specification for geodetic physical maintenance services (PDF 1.37MB) (v1.0, 11 July 2012) specifies the requirements for the provision of physical maintenance and geodetic inventory services to LINZ by contractors.
- Mark and site image template (PPTX 656.04 KB), Section 9.3
As at 24 November 2010 the following specifications are current for earthquake recovery:
- Geodetic physical network (PDF 521KB), (v2.6, 24 November 2010)
- Geodetic contract deliverables (PDF 247KB) (v1.5, 24 November 2010)
- Post-earthquake precise levelling and GNSS survey (PDF 166KB), (v1.0, 24 November 2010)