- LINZ Basemaps (Basemaps) is provided by Land Information New Zealand (we, us, our) to give users access to basemap APIs. Basemaps can be accessed:
- for limited use without registration (Standard Access); and
- for unlimited reasonable use with registration (Developer Access).
- The terms you and your refer to users of Basemaps, whether you are using Basemaps as an individual or on behalf of an organisation.
- Standard Access allows limited use of Basemaps APIs without registration. Current limits are 1,000 tiles / minute and 1,000,000 tiles / month.
- We track use of our APIs and may restrict use outside the current limits or any other unreasonable use (in our sole discretion).
- There are no current costs for Standard Access.
- Developer Access allows unlimited reasonable use of Basemaps APIs with registration. Instructions for registering are on:
- We track use of our APIs and may restrict unreasonable use (in our sole discretion).
- There are no current costs for Developer Access.
- Basemaps is expected to be a highly available and responsive web service. A history of availability can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Basemaps may be unavailable from time to time for outages and scheduled maintenance. Where possible, we will tell Basemap users about scheduled maintenance.
- Support for Basemaps will be generally available on New Zealand business days by email to email@example.com.
- You are responsible for complying with licences applying to material on Basemaps, including attribution requirements. Information about attribution requirements is shown on the data attribution page.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties and representations (express or implied) in relation to Basemaps. In particular, you acknowledge that we do not warrant or represent that Basemaps will operate without interruption or will be error free or complete.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability to you and any third party for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered or incurred by you or them arising directly or indirectly from your use of, or access to Basemaps or otherwise arising in connection with these Terms, and whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise.
- We may suspend your access to Basemaps or terminate this agreement if you breach any of the Terms.
- We may also end our provision of Basemaps to everyone, or just to you, for any reason at any time.
- Our failure to enforce any of these Terms will not be construed as a waiver of such Terms or a waiver of the right to enforce those Terms at a later time.
- These Terms are governed and are to be construed in accordance with New Zealand law.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no rights under the Contracts and Commercial Law Act 2017 to enforce any of them.
Last Updated: 20 July 2020