Applications for determination of life estates or leases for life on death can be prepared through e-dealing.
Preparing the transmission
- In the Prepare Transmission screen, the current default Transmission Type is Survivorship. When creating a transmission against a life estate title, initially the following message displays.
(Note that the dealing steps down to Lodge when the life estate title is added to the dealing.)
- Click OK on the message
- Change the Transmission Type to Determination of Life Estate or Lease for Life on Death in the Transmission Type field
- Check "Affected Owner" checkbox for deceased person
- Enter the Applicant name, e.g. the remaining owner already named on the title
- When the Preview button is clicked, the following message displays:
- Click Yes to continue (this is advising that there are two estates with different ownership and the instrument will be viewed and approved by LINZ Processing staff)
- The following message displays:
- Click Yes to continue (add text is not required and the instrument has already updated to Complex/Exception mode)
- The instrument will fail pre-validation for the following reason:
- Cancel from the Pre-validation Report
Certify and sign
- The instrument can be certified and signed in the normal manner
Viewing the signed transmission
- The signed transmission will display as follows:
Submitting the dealing
- When submitting the dealing, the following warning message displays:
- Click OK to continue
- Click Continue Submit
LINZ will process the dealing and a Registration Confirmation notice will be sent out when the dealing is registered.
Last Updated: 12 November 2018