Learn how to complete an Authority and Instruction (A&I) form in Landonline or as a printed form.
To complete A&I, you can either fill out the details within Landonline or you can download the form from the New Zealand Law Society (NZLS) website. Your firm may have created its own template, based on the NZLS template.
Complete A&I in Landonline
To access the pre-populated form in Landonline:
- Go to the ‘Create dealing’ screen.
- Click on the ‘A&I’ button.
- The A&I screen will pop up and you can select the type of form you need.
- Edit the client and property details (Tip: prepare your instruments first and details entered will pre-populate your A&I form. You can edit any details if they are incorrect.)
- Save the form to your computer. Note: it’s important to save your own copy as details edited in the A&I form will not save back into Landonline.
- Print your form and start the signing process.
You can run through this using the e-dealing practise tool.
Click on the 'Help' button if you're having trouble editing, previewing, printing or saving.
Download the form
The NZLS e-dealing guidelines – available from the Property Law section of the NZLS website below – contain templates for A&I forms.
You can modify the form to meet your firm’s needs, but you need to follow the pointers in the guidelines (refer to Guideline K).