Does my dealing require tax statements?
- The requirement to provide tax information under section 78 Land Transfer Act 2017 applies to any transfer of a “specified estate in land” – this includes all freehold and leasehold estates in land, stratum estates under the Unit Titles Act 2010 and licences to occupy.
- Transfers are only able to be registered with us if accompanied by the required tax information – to be provided by each transferor/transferee by way of a signed tax statement.
Need to know more?
- See the instrument types that will need tax information
- See the estate types that do and don't need tax information
- Read FAQs about the property tax changes
- Read about how property tax compliance will work in some examples
- Check if you qualify for property tax exemption
- Find out how to enter tax information into your Landonline dealing
- Find out how to view, print and save your tax statements
Last Updated: 12 November 2018