What you need to know about amending incorrect tax information submitted with a dealing.

You will need to correct any property tax information that you later realise has been incorrectly provided to us. To do this, use the ‘Correction of tax information’ request type. You will need to attach comments and evidence supporting the correction of tax information.

It’s important to note that tax details can only be corrected. It is not possible to update tax details, for example as a result of changes in circumstance. Valid scenarios for correction are lawyer data entry error or an error by a client in their tax statement.

If the tax information was incorrect on the original tax statement then a new or updated tax statement is required to be signed and dated by your client.

If the tax information is correct on the original tax statement and the error is a result of a data entry error in Workspace, a new tax statement is not required but you must advise us it was a data entry error.

The information you need to provide includes:

  • the transfer instrument number,
  • the name of the party whose tax information is being corrected and their capacity (transferor/transferee),
  • the incorrect tax details previously provided that are being corrected,
  • the correct tax information, and
  • the new tax statement date.

Once we have processed your request, we'll send the corrected information on to Inland Revenue.

Find out how to send us a request

Last Updated: 12 November 2018