Note: this guideline is issued by the Surveyor-General under section 7(1)(ga) of the Cadastral Survey Act 2002 about the Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010 and is not legally binding.
This article relates to the information required in a CSD under rule 8 in addition to that required in either the CSD Plan or the Title Plan under rules 9 and 10.
The additional information is required to:
- allow the CSD to be integrated into the cadastre,
- enable the tenure manager to issue the intended rights, and
- ensure future users of the CSD (including future surveyors) understand the evidence and the rationale used by the certifying surveyor when certifying the CSD.
The other specified information includes:
- the appellation of each parcel that is to be extinguished [r 8.1(c)] (refer to Extinguished parcel),
- vertical datum information [r 8.1(f)] (refer to Vertical datum information),
- vectors to ascertain and verify the relationship between points and marks [r 8.1(d) and 8.1(e)] (refer to Recording vectors and dimensions in a CSD), and
- a survey report [r 8.2] (refer to Survey report).
Last Updated: 7 April 2017
LINZ OP G : 00065