'Lodge' dealings allow information to be added to the instrument. This can be done via the 'add text' or 'add image' buttons that will appear at the bottom of the screens in those modes where these options are available.
This is a free text field which will allow customers to type in any supporting information.
To add an image you need to ensure that it is in the correct file format.
If your file is already in an electronic format (i.e. a Word document), you will need to convert this before you can upload the image into your e-dealing transaction. LINZ will provide software that will assist you to do this.
If the information is not in an electronic format you can choose to...
Our Customer Support team will be able to assist you when converting electronic files into the correct file format and uploading images into Landonline. LINZ is not able to provide you with support about scanners and scanning software or the process of scanning a document into an electronic format.
Converting File Formats
Follow these steps to convert electronic files into the correct TIFF format:
- Install the Print-to-TIFF driver (just click here and follow the instructions. This will only need to be downloaded once)
- Open the electronic file you wish to convert
- Select File|Print and select 'Landonline' as your printer
- Select where you wish to save the file on your computer and rename it
- Click Save
That's it, you are now ready to Attach the image to your instrument!
Does your firm need a scanner?
For the rare occasions where the information required to complete an e-dealing transaction is only in a paper format, you will need to scan the document.
You have a number of options to scan the document...
- Scan it into the correct file format so that you can upload the image to Landonline. If you have a scanner, check to see if it meets the recommended minimum requirements, or
- Scan it into an electronic format and use the LINZ software to convert your image into the correct file format. You should ensure that your scanner can scan multiple pages into a single file and to the necessary quality (see the recommended minimum requirements for dpi), or
- Arrange to have your document scanned by a third party provider into the correct file format so that you can upload the image to Landonline.