All Landonline users can suggest improvements to Landonline at any time through the enhancements wiki.
The wiki allows enhancements to be suggested and ranked, so that we can better understand customers' priorities. To have your say through the wiki, follow the steps below.
Access the Wiki from the computer you use for Landonline as the Wiki website checks for the presence of a Landonline digital certificate in the web browser. This is intended to ensure the wiki is only used for useful discussions between LINZ and Landonline customers.
Note: If your digital certificate is not installed in your browser the system will either return either an ‘SSL connection error’ or ‘this page cannot be displayed’ message. If you experience problems with access, contact LINZ on 0800 665463.
- Go to https://mediawiki.landonline.govt.nz
- Click the 'log in' button at the top right of the page. (This is because you need a valid digital certificate to access the wiki.)
- Log in using your normal Landonline log in details.
- You will then be returned to the ‘Main Page’ from which you can select the relevant ‘user group’ from those listed.
- Once in a user group screen, for example Category:E-survey, you can enter your suggested enhancement following the instructions provided.
You will also find a list of current suggested enhancements, including the current top 10. Before entering a new suggestion, review those already listed and if your suggestion or a similar suggestion, has already been made, you can support that proposed enhancement by opening the link and adding to the discussion and/or by ranking it. When you are making your own suggestion or supporting another, the ranking value indicates how important this enhancement is to you. A scale of 1 to 5 is used, where 1 indicates little or no value, through to 5, which indicates that this would be very valuable in supporting your work.
There is no restriction on when users can make their suggestions, provide edits or rate the importance of an enhancement. Your use of the Wiki helps LINZ to determine the content of the release and helps ensure that a balanced input is achieved. You will find more information within the Wiki itself in the "About" section on how to use it.