The Land Transfer Act 2017 (the Act) was passed on 10 July 2017. The Act will come into force later this year.
The Act preserves the Torrens land transfer system while modernising the law and producing efficiencies and ease of access to the law. Secondary legislation is required to support the Act.
An exposure draft of the regulations has been released on behalf of the Minister for Land Information, together with the draft standards, directives, deposit documents, and guidelines for consultation. This is an opportunity for interested parties to comment and make submissions on all aspects of the new secondary legislation.
Consultation has now closed on new regulations, standards and directives in preparation for the implementation of the Land Transfer Act 2017.
We propose publishing our summary of submissions and submission report in early July.
- Secondary Legislation for the Land Transfer Act 2017 – Consultation Overview Document
- Land Transfer 2018 Regulations – Consultation Draft
- Identity Verification Standard 2018 (PDF 229KB)
- Certification of Electronic Instruments (Statutory Requirements and Retention of Evidence) Standard 2018 (PDF 273KB)
- Boundary Changes – Accretion and Dry Beds (Rivers and Streams) Standard 2018
- Withholding Information under the Land Transfer Act 2017 Standard 2018 (PDF 180KB)
- Recording Memorials on the Register Standard 2018 (PDF 245KB)
- Allocation of Certification Rights Standard 2018 (PDF 197KB)