How to move your Digital Certificate (DC) from one computer to another in your workplace.
You may need to transfer your DC from your existing computer to a new computer or another computer in your office.
When you do this, you need to transfer your DC to the new computer and make sure your DC is removed from your old computer.
Before you begin
- Read the Digital Certificate user obligations
- Read the Landonline terms and conditions
- Transfer your DC during the hours our customer support staff are on hand to help
- Make sure you know your DC passphrase. If you’ve already removed your DC from your old computer and can’t remember your passphrase, we’ll need to issue a new certificate. (Note, there is a cost.)
- Make sure you have a removable storage device that works in both your existing computer and your new computer (eg. a flash drive). You won't be able to proceed without one! If either your old or new computer does not have a USB port, please contact Customer Support on 0800 665 463 and select option 4 for assistance.
- Close all other files and applications on your computer
- Hold all phone calls until you have finished
- Allow 3 minutes (for experienced users), 5 to 10 minutes (for intermediate users) or up to 15 minutes (for new or novice users)
- If helpful to you, print out the instructions before starting.
Transfer your DC
Follow the three stages outlined step-by-step in the articles below.