This application, under the Overseas Investment Act 2005, is for Mercury Agriculture Limited Partnership to acquire a further 43.4% interest in Rangitata Dairies Ltd Partnership and Rangitata GP Ltd, bringing its interest in each of these entities to 68.3%.
The Overseas Investment Office’s Assessment Report sets out the benefits in terms of the criteria set out in the Overseas Investment Act 2005 that have been claimed by the applicant, Mercury Agriculture Limited Partnership, the Overseas Investment Office’s assessment of the claimed benefits and its provisional recommendation to Ministers.
Certain redactions have been made under:
- section 9(2)(a) being the identity of the founding partners of the applicant to protect the privacy of natural persons and
- section 9(2)(b)(ii) including:
- the consideration paid
- debt levels of Rangitata Dairies Limited Partnership and Rangitata GP Limited
- production levels of Rangitata Dairies Limited Partnership and Rangitata GP Limited
- investment amounts proposed by the applicant, and
- to protect the commercial position of the parties the subject of the information.