Proposed and final geographic names, and corrigenda
Gazetted on 26 July 2018
- Notice of a Proposal to Alter a Geographic Name
- Notice of a Decision to Approve as Official an Undersea Feature Name
- Corrigendum - Notice of Decisions to Alter, Adopt and Discontinue Undersea Feature Names
- Corrigendum - Validation Notice of Antarctic Names
- Corrigendum – Notice of Decisions to Approve Undersea Feature Names
|Proposed Altered Geographic Feature Name||Geographic Feature Type||Description||Submission Deadline|
|Te Ara-o-Tūrongo||Railway Line||Alteration of the name of a section of North Island Main Trunk (official name by New Zealand Gazette, 29 August 1996, No. 94, page 2470) between Taumarunui and Te Awamutu. NZTopo50-BG33 942966 to NZTopo50-BE33 027934. The balance of the railway line either side of this proposal would remain named North Island Main Trunk.||26 October 2018|
|Approved Official Undersea Feature Name||Undersea Feature||Description|
|Kapiti Seavalley||Valley||A northeast-southwest trending valley parallel to the adjacent Kapiti Island and continental shelf. Depicted on Cook Strait Chart©, Mitchell, 1996.|
In the notice with the above heading published in the New Zealand Gazette, 26 July2018, Notice No. 2018-ln3627:
- for West Ngātoro Knolls replace “An isolated conical knoll that is part of” with “Isolated conical knolls that are part of” and
- for Pārengarenga Canyons replace “Two canyons” with “Three canyons”.
In the notice with the above heading published in the New Zealand Gazette, 26 July 2018, Notice No. 2018-ln3628:
- for Mount Fridtjof Nansen, delete the whole row.
In the notice with the above heading published in the New Zealand Gazette, 26 July 2018, Notice No. 2018-ln3629:
- for Taheke Rock, delete the whole row.