Land registration
Last updated
Issue date
Resource category
Regulatory document
Resource status
Resource ID

A lessor under a registered lease may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to re-enter and recover possession of the leased property.

Once this has occurred, either by process of law or in accordance with a power of re-entry in the lease, the lessor may then apply to the Registrar-General of Land to have the re-entry notified on the Register under s 121 of the Land Transfer Act 1952 (LTA). This operates to extinguish the lease as provided in s 121(2) of the LTA.

This standard provides the requirements for making an application under s 121 of the LTA and assessing any application made under s 121 of the LTA.