The MGI work programme consists of prioritised projects, each contributing towards the goals of the working group.
The projects within the work programme are led by different members of the steering group.
One of the goals of the MGI Working Group is to increase the findability and accessibility of Marine Geospatial Information. MGI stocktakes help to understand what Marine Geospatial Information exists and identify custodian organisations.
The following organisations have completed their MGI stocktake:
- Government agencies: Land Information New Zealand, Department of Conservation, Ministry of Primary Industries.
- Councils: Hawke’s Bay, Environment Southland, Greater Wellington.
Results from the NZ MGI stocktake are available through catalogue.data.govt.nz.
Data Portal Investigation
The investigation aims to help data custodians and users understand what platforms support the discoverability, accessibility and availability of marine geospatial datasets.
- Te Kete Kerero a Te Takutai Moana
- Ira Moana
- New Zealand Petroleum Basin Explorer
- E Tūhura - Explore Zealandia
- LINZ Data Service (LDS)