Astronomical, including moonrise and moonset tables, and sunrise and sunset tables
Astronomical phenomena July 2017 - June 2018
- Astronomical phenomena (PDF 408KB), including details of the Earth’s orbit, solar and lunar eclipses, times when the Moon is closest and furthest from Earth (lunar perigee and apogee) and the phases of the Moon.
- Planet Visibility (PDF 505KB)
Moonrise & moonset tables July 2017 - June 2018
- Auckland (PDF 407KB)
- Bluff (PDF 407KB)
- Lyttelton (PDF 407KB)
- Waitangi, Chatham Island (PDF 407KB)
- Wellington (PDF 410KB)
Sunrise & sunset tables July 2017 - June 2018
- Auckland, Bluff, Dunedin, East Cape, Gisborne, Lyttleton (PDF 407KB)
- Napier, Nelson, New Plymouth, North Cape, Picton, Puysegur Point (PDF 405KB)
- Tauranga, Timaru, (Waitangi, Chatham Islands), Wellington, Westport, Whangarei (PDF 405KB)
Source of astronomical information
All astronomical information has been prepared using software produced by the United States Naval Observatory (USNO) and from data published on the Internet by the USNO and HM Nautical Almanac Office.