Astronomical, including moonrise and moonset tables, and sunrise and sunset tables
Astronomical phenomena July 2016 - June 2017
- Astronomical phenomena (PDF 45KB), including details of the Earth’s orbit, solar and lunar eclipses, times when the Moon is closest and furthest from Earth (lunar perigee and apogee) and the phases of the Moon.
- Planet Visibility (PDF 180KB)
Moonrise & moonset tables July 2016 - June 2017
- Auckland (PDF 31KB)
- Bluff (PDF 30KB)
- Lyttelton (PDF 30KB)
- Waitangi, Chatham Island (PDF 31KB)
- Wellington (PDF 30KB)
Sunrise & sunset tables July 2016 - June 2017
- Auckland, Bluff, Dunedin, East Cape, Gisborne, Lyttleton (PDF 26KB)
- Napier, Nelson, New Plymouth, North Cape, Picton, Puysegur Point (PDF 25KB)
- Tauranga, Timaru, (Waitangi, Chatham Islands), Wellington, Westport, Whangarei (PDF 25KB)
Source of astronomical information
All astronomical information has been prepared using software produced by the United States Naval Observatory (USNO) and from data published on the Internet by the USNO and HM Nautical Almanac Office.