- Charts & Hydrographic Services
- Crown Property
- Geodetic System
- Maps & Topographic Services
- New Zealand Geospatial Office
- Overseas Investment Office
- Place Names
- Property Addressing
- Survey & Titles
- About LINZ
You are here
Find out the types of names the New Zealand Geographic Board Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa (NZGB) is responsible for, its areas of jurisdiction, and its governing legislation.
- Use these resources to find official and unofficial names for features and places in New Zealand, Antarctica and over New Zealand's continental shelf, or go straight to searching the Gazetteer.
Make a proposal for a new, altered, approved, discontinued, adopted, or validated name, and find out how the NZGB considers proposals.
Read about current proposals supported by the NZGB and how you can have your say by making a submission on a proposed name.
Find out about the NZGB's recent naming decisions and determinations. You can also find out about past decisions and determinations.
The refreshed LINZ website will be here soon.
You’ll still be able to access the same information, but you’ll notice a change in the design and layout of the site.
Read more about the changes.
News & Notices
28 Aug 2014
5 Jun 2014
5 Jun 2014
10 Dec 2013
21 Oct 2013
10 Oct 2013