You can request a link from the Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand website (www.linz.govt.nz) to your website. Generally we are happy to do include a link when it is relevant to a page’s content and would be helpful to users.
However, in some cases we may decide not to provide a link if it does not meet the following guidelines.
Why does Toitū Te Whenua have guidelines for linking to other organisations?
As a government department Toitū Te Whenua needs to be transparent and fair about linking to other websites. We try to avoid links that could be interpreted as endorsement of third-party products, services or views, or as unfairly promoting one company over another.
Toitū Te Whenua’s guidelines are in line with the Standards of Integrity and Conduct issued by the Public Service Commission.
Links cannot be paid advertising.
We may link to the websites of individuals, commercial providers and non-governmental organisations. Our link will be factual and will not endorse the website we are linking to. Near this link we will include an offer to include a similar link for equivalent providers and organisations, or directions for how users can find equivalent providers and organisations.
Links will only be provided to the websites of individuals, commercial providers and non-governmental organisations if:
- they are a Toitū Te Whenua-accredited supplier, or have signed a supply agreement with Toitū Te Whenua
- the link is relevant to the page’s content and to the interests of the user (for example, the link could lead to an article covering Toitū Te Whenua’s involvement in a project that includes a private individual or commercial provider
- we are providing a fair overview of commercial providers of a specific product or service, or
- we have significant involvement in a commercial event (such as a conference)
We will not provide links to website which:
- are clearly associated with the personal or political views of an individual, company or organisation
- are owned by Toitū Te Whenua employees, contributed to by Toitū Te Whenua employees, or are connected to Toitū Te Whenua in a way that may be interpreted as a conflict of interest
- contains paid advertising that may be interpreted as a conflict of interest, or
- contains content that may compromise Toitū Te Whenua’s integrity.
Contact us to request a link or for more information.