Download Geodetic Software
SNAP is a programme for adjusting the coordinates of stations in a survey network to best fit the observed data. CONCORD is part of the SNAP software suite, and converts coordinates between New Zealand coordinate systems. more...
New Zealand Map Reference Converter (NZMapConv) is a programme for converting map references between the old NZMS260 map series and the new NZTopo50 map series. It can also be used for converting between other common projections and datums. more...
New Zealand Transverse Mercator 2000
- LINZS25002 - Standard for New Zealand Geodetic Datum 2000 Projections
- LINZG25702 Projections fact sheet - a summary of the requirements of NZTM2000
NZGD2000 - NZTM2000 source code
New Zealand Map Grid
NZGD1949 - NZMG source code
New Zealand Geoid 2009
NZGeoid09 is available for download in two formats, covering four different spatial extents:
- the entire computation area (160° E - 170° W; 25°S - 60°S)
- New Zealand (165° E - 180° E; 34°S - 48°S)
- the North Island (172° E - 179° E; 34°S – 42°S)
- the South Island, Stewart Island / Rakiura (166° E - 175° E; 41°S - 48°S).
NZGeoid09 - Full computation area - ASCII grid
NZGeoid09 - Full computation area - coordinate triplets
NZGeoid09 - New Zealand - ASCII grid
NZGeoid09 - New Zealand - coordinate triplets
NZGeoid09 - North Island - ASCII grid
NZGeoid09 - North Island - coordinate triplets
NZGeoid09 - South Island, Stewart Island/Rakiura - ASCII grid
NZGeoid09 - South Island, Stewart Island/Rakiura - coordinate triplets
NZGD1949 & NZGD2000 horizontal coordinates distortion grid
Download the distortion grid file and other information available regarding the grid transformation.
- LINZS25000 - Standard for New Zealand Geodetic Datum 2000
- LINZG25700 Fact sheet - a summary of the key information in LINZS25000
- GD2000it is the software that LINZ provides to convert coordinates between NZGD1949 and NZGD2000 using the distortion grid.
ASCII version of the distortion grid
NZGD2000 - NZGD1949 source code
linzgrid-v1-2 (zip 8KB)
Last updated 23 June 2001. Source code in the C programming language that implements the conversion between NZGD2000 and NZGD1949 using the NTv2 ASCII distortion grid file.
This code can be incorporated into custom software. Two files are provided - linzgrid.c and linzgrid.h. Comments in the linzgrid.c file detail how it is used. To use this you will also need to download the ASCII version of the distortion grid.
con_check software download
con_check is used by the National Geodetic Office (NGO) for quality assurance and validation of contracted Geodetic Deliverables. This tool has been developed for in-house processing and is unsupported by LINZ. con_check and the content of this guideline is provided to NGO contractors for information only, it has not been specifically customised for use outside of the LINZ network.
Conditions for downloads
Download and use of these software applications is taken to be acceptance of the following conditions:
- Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) does not offer any support for this software.
- The software is provided "as is" and without warranty of any kind. In no event shall LINZ be liable for loss of any kind whatsoever with respect to the download, installation and use of the software.
- The software is designed to work with MS Windows. However, LINZ makes no warranty regarding the performance or non-performance of the software on any particular system or system configuration.