An Official Information Act request for information relating to applications regarding forestry properties under section 16A(2)(a) of the Overseas Investment Act 2005, relating to the Benefit to New Zealand Test.
As of 15 August 2023:
- LINZ is currently assessing 17 applications under the benefit to New Zealand pathway where the applications relate to the conversion of farm land to production forestry.
- No applications of this type have been rejected.
- The average time these applications have been with LINZ for assessment is 66 working days.
- There are three applications with Ministers for a decision which have been with Ministers an average of 19 working days.
- The first decision for an application of this type has been made on 13 August 2023.