The Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) Geodetic Marks app allows users to navigate to geodetic marks, access mark details, submit updated mark photos, and find non-geodetic marks that may need to be protected when engaging in earthworks.
The app is for anyone with an interest in locating geodetic and other important survey marks, including:
- surveyors and other spatial professionals who use geodetic marks in their surveys
- contractors who need to identify and protect survey marks near their works
- trampers and other recreationalists who wish to find out more about trig stations they visit
- land owners who are interested in the survey marks on their property.
In the new version of the app, you can:
- find geodetic marks and other important “protected” survey marks
- navigate to marks using compass and distance, or Google Maps
- access mark details, access diagrams and photos
- submit updated mark details and photos to LINZ
- advise LINZ of mark maintenance issues
- create and save mark groups
- add your own marks
- identify nearby PositioNZ GNSS CORS stations
- toggle display between horizontal and vertical marks
- filter displayed marks by coordinate order and beacon type.
For the current version of the app, visit the Play Store for Android devices. If you are updating from a previous version, uninstall the older version first before installing the new version.