The Trusts Act 2019 replaces the Trustee Act 1956 and comes into force on 30 January 2021.
The Trusts Act covers all aspects of trust law, but it has some provisions that are particularly relevant to transfers of trust property by trustees.
Information about how the Trusts Act affects land registration
- Evidentiary requirements for transfers
- Authority and Instruction (A & I) Form for trusts
- Example of statutory declaration required by s117 of the Trusts Act (DOCX 45KB)
- The Trusts Act 2019 and land registration - September 2020 Landwrap
- Property Lawyer article about the Trusts Act (PDF 942KB)
- Trust law reform information on the Ministry of Justice website
Last Updated: 22 December 2020