What is a compliance report?
A compliance report is a document that provides us with evidence that you are meeting the conditions of your consent. One of the conditions of consent to an investment is that you provide us with reporting about your compliance – sometimes referred to as an annual report. Your compliance report must be complete, clear and truthful, and be submitted within the timeframes stated on your consent.
How we use the information
We use the information in your report to assess your compliance with the conditions of your consent.
Completing your report
To complete your compliance report:
- download the report template (note that this template may change, so you download it each time you need to submit a report)
- review the guidance in each section and supply us with the required information
- be concise and write in plain English
- add tables, diagrams, maps and schedules as appendices to your report rather than inserting within the document.
Formatting your report
Format your report as a PDF, unless we advise otherwise. Make sure your report is:
- free from security restrictions
- in colour (if the document contains colour).
If your report is scanned, it should be scanned at 300 dpi and with optical character recognition so all text in the document can be copied.
Submitting your report
Submit your report electronically using one of the following options.
- If possible, save to a secure file sharing site and email us the link at OIOmonitoring@linz.govt.nz.
- Save to an encrypted flash drive or CD/DVD and send this to Overseas Investment Office, PO Box 5501, Wellington. (Note that electronic media will be securely destroyed after use.)
- Email to OIOmonitoring@linz.govt.nz (maximum 10Mb).
Do not send a hard copy of your report.
If we need more information after reviewing your report, we will ask you for it.
Contact us if you have any questions about this template or your consent generally.